Sunday, January 25, 2009

Talking and signing getting better

So here is more recent footage of Ash's signing. I'm proud to say her potty training is going very well, she's up to a few times a day on the potty, and she can say and sign potty, so now it's just a matter of getting her to tell me "before" she goes in her diaper..lolHer vocabulary is growing on a daily basis, it seems like she learns a new word almost every day, the newest are "dirt" & "plant" although you have to know her to understand them otherwise it's "uut" & "aat" but she points as she says them to she's understandable. Oh, and she's so cute when she rubbs her little brother on the head she always says "etul" (gentle) with the cutest inflection in her voice:)
So I know I've been saying, "she'll walk when she's ready" and I still feel that way, but she has excellent balance and has for a long time and I started remembering back when she first started standing... She has always had her feet out turned and one of her legs was a half inch longer for several months last year. It makes me wonder if her hips being out turned is doing this and if that's why she isn't quite ready to let go. It makes logical sense that this could be an issue, so the next time she sees her orthopedist I'm going to have it looked into if she is still not walking. In the mean time, she's chipper and mobile as can be in her own way!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic signer she is. I got your blog through Tonya. I would like to add you to my blog if that is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!! She is so sweet! I love her beautiful smile! Way to go on signing Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable! I'm Kim and my blog is
    www.monkeyandmommyraab.blogspot.com

    Please let me know if I can add you to my blog list. My son is 3 with achon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Tonya's! It is nice to meet your family! I have a son Caden, who is almost two and also has achondroplasia. Caden's birthday is March 17th - I think he and Ashley may be very close in age? Ashley is adorable and appears to have quite the personality :0) I look forward to following your journey's!
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete